Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012 Part 2: Expectations vs Reality

   The internet has let me down already. I keep coming across sites telling me what I should and should not be wearing tomorrow for my "hot Valentines date."

   You know what I'm planning to wear on my hot date with the internet? These babies.

Yes, they have a drop crotch, in case my genitals needed a cool breeze.

   These are a recent purchase from my favourite store in all the world, Yaks and Yetis. Well, the clearance store, to be exact. Yes, they look a little like pyjamas. Yes, I high ride them on my waist and tend to tuck my shirt into them. Yes, they are leopard print. Yes, they make my hips look huge. On the other hand, they make my waist look tiny, my thighs feel free, and they're the most comfortable pants in the world. I'll probably combine them with a baggy and probably filthy tshirt, and wrap myself in a duvet, completing the fashion forward look.

   That, however, is not what all the fashion blogs suggest I do.

   Even Reddit is no longer immune. Here are some examples: 1, 2, 3.

   And when I Googled it, well... Here ya go.

   So I decided to use Polyvore to compare Valentines Day according to the fashion blogs to Valentines day in reality for all the single people/people in long distance relationships/people who couldn't give a damn.

Expectations:



Reality:

According to Polyvore, that tshirt cost $129. I'll have you know mine was free. My little brother gave it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment